Here’s a guest post from WWS Member, Ann Reynolds, on the confusion and craziness of winery compliance. Ann is offering an online compliance course, beginning in July, to aid staff in managing this complex staff. Take a look:
Course Summary: upcoming online training for winery production staff who are managing day to day winery compliance tasks and want to stop pulling their hair out about them, develop systems to manage them and feel more on top of their compliance.
The winemaking process has many steps that need to happen in order to transform grapes into wine.
Perform these steps out of the right order and the result is a flawed finished product.
The same logic applies to another very specialized area related specifically to winemaking and that is compliance tracking.
The same undesirable end result often applies here.
That is, if the day to day compliance tasks (work orders, monthly reports permit & license updates) are being done incorrectly the finished product means frustrated staff, fines and late notice mailings from government agencies and valuable time wasted.
What is the missing ingredient needed to clear this up?
Effective training specific to their compliance needs!
Just such a training is coming up next month. Starting Monday July 9th a course designed to help wineries fix their compliance messes is being offered.
“From Chaos to Clarity”
6 week course, Monday’s July 9th through August 13th
This course is being offered online via tele-conference calls on 6 consecutive Mondays starting July 9th through August 13th. The calls will be from 1 til 2:30, Pacific Time. (All calls are also recorded)
This program will walk participants through each piece of their winery production compliance and cover specific how-to’s related to:
- Winery permits- specifics to know & when updates are needed
- Winery records such as work orders, bills of lading & weigh tags
- Winery reports to the TTB such as the monthly report & excise taxes
- In addition participants will receive:
- Handout materials including examples of completed winery compliance records covered
- Templates to fill for their own site’s compliance specifics
- Guides for interacting with federal and state agencies & details about their online resources
- A chance to ask questions specific to their site’s needs
- A great opportunity for networking with fellow winery staff also working in this specialized area of the wine industry. (Great contacts to have for future use!)
- Access to recordings of all class calls
This course is being offered by Ann Reynolds of Wine Compliance Alliance who is an expert in the area of wine production compliance with over 20 years of winery background.
Ann has developed entire compliance systems for several wineries ranging in size from 500 to over 500,000 cases in annual production, among them Napa Valley College Estate Winery, Sterling Vineyards, Caymus Vineyards and Conundrum Winery.
If you have more questions, please contact Ann at (707) 320-8575, or to sign up, please go to: