December 2, 2010 6:00-8:30pm
Napa River Inn
Desserts provided by Tuscan Cowgirl Dezerts
- Salmon on Chip with Creme Fraiche
- Blini with Caviar
- Foie Gras on Apple Pancake
- Roquefort and Walnut Terrine
- Decadent Cheesecake
- Chocolate Dessert
- Popcorn with Truffle Oil and Parmesan
- Sugar Cookies (can’t celebrate the holidays without these!)
The wine lineup includes
- 2009 Black Stallion North Coast Muscat
- 2007 Fortunati Vineyards Porto Fino
- Mumm Napa Brut Prestige
- Fortress Vineyard “Finale” Semillon
- St. Supery Semillon
- Schug Rouge de Noirs Brut
- Harvest Moon Late Harvest Gewurztraminer
- 2005 Cahill Winery Xport Lot #7, Sonoma County Port Blend Touriga
Where: Our Holiday Celebration: “Sparkling and Dessert Wines” is held at the lovely Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill. We’ll be toasting and noshing in the historic Hatt Hall, part of the original mill dating back to 1884. This room was used as a meeting place for Napa’s “Secret Society,” and Mrs. Alma Hatt hosted musical concerts in the room in the late 1800s. This “town hall” offers ornate décor of original pressed tin, chandeliers, and natural light. As it is the only original room in the building, it is situated next to the silos, which were added in 1932 for milling grain. Locals have told stories of this being used as a bordello, although there’s no evidence to support such stories.
The Napa River Inn is offering a special rate for all event attendees at $99 for that night (rooms normally $210+). When making your reservation use promo code: WWS. Room quantities at this rate are limited, so make your reservation soon.
When: Thursday, December 2, 2010.
6:00-6:30 Registration, Networking
6:30-8:30 Wine Pairings Presentation by WWS Sommelier Barbara Paige and Wineries.
8:30 Raffle Winners, Closing Remarks
Wines, Hotel Stays, Local Art
One night stay at Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Hotel & Resort
Potter & Green John Lamos Petal Bowl
Opia Home hand-painted silk scarf by Mendocino artist Synthia
All raffle and auction monies go to our General Scholarship Fund.
Event Details in a Nutshell
Where: Napa River Inn
500 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559
$55 Members; $70 Non-Members; $20 Students
Click here for directions.